Thursday, October 22, 2009

I have attempted Gumbo.

We will see how it turns out. I had to make the roux three times, because really the first two, burned and I just couldn't add that to it.

tonight is best and hottest, so no old navy coupon hunting for me.


If anyone wants to pass along a coupon, please feel free to add me to your facebook. I'd love to get one of the big coupons so I can get some more maternity clothes for me! I'm wanting to be selfish this time around since it really is my last pregnancy.


I'm also taking my oldest sons class some apples for snack today. I hope he's excited. I think I'll also bring him a cup of peanut butter to dip his apples in. He loves peanut butter with apples. I think he'd gotten it from his gramps or maybe it was his daddy who did it first. Either way, he really enjoys it.

I also made some chex mix todayMuddy buddies

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup peanut butter
1/4cup butter or margarine
1teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2cups powdered sugar

1.Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2.In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3.Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.        

No comments:

Post a Comment