Saturday, December 5, 2009

In General, my opinion of strollers.

I have 3 boys, and will soon have a fourth child, if you haven't read previous post, my first girl. By April 4th 2010, I will have a 6 year old, a almost 4 year old (just a month shy), a 16 month old, and a newborn.
In 2003, I had my first son, J. From early on, he was pretty mobile, which meant a stroller was a huge necessity.  Back then, I had never really heard of any brand other than the typical Graco brand. That was the baby brand.
Over the years, and children later, many other companies, have stepped up to the plate to bring bigger and better useful items to use for your little one.
Now, after 3 children and counting, I would have to say, the only item I really, NEED to get me through the days with my children, is a stroller. It is no longer a great luxury item you really could use because it makes life easier, it is now, (in my household) something that if I do not have, there is no walking outside my front door.
I can't possibly carry a 16 month old and a newborn, and keep up with a nearly 4 year old and a 6 year old. How would I even make it two steps away from the car, without one getting hit by a car?
Now, not every stroller is the same, just like a car, every stroller has a difference, and in some cases, those differences can make a huge difference in safety of the child. A good frame on a stroller really will hold up  in the event of a possible accident, as we all have seen. And if you are a parent, you know, that accidents can happen even in the blink of an eye. 
I compare strollers to cars for several reasons,
Price- There are a wide range of prices for Strollers, and I will say, I have noticed that more strollers are higher in price these days. Even your basic umbrella stroller is not just 10 dollars to purchase any longer.
Safety- As we can all say, not every single stroller will hold up to the horrible accident that occurred at the train station this past year. That accident really was one of those it only takes a half a second and the blink of an eye for something to happen. It was amazing that child survived and barely scratched up.
Features- Strollers have different features, these are usually more like, snack area, cup holder for mom and dad shopping bag holders diaper bag holder and so on. I believe I have even heard of a stroller that has a radio attached for those who jog. It is amazing what kinds of things they can have now.
Ease of use- Just like a car the stroller moves, and for it to be bumpy, hard to push,  and just overall not easy to use, well, it can be a pain, if the stroller breaks easily

No comments:

Post a Comment