Sunday, August 2, 2009

I can cook!

I can finally cook!
Yesterday was make baby food in bulk day! I spent about 3 in half hours or so in the kitchen. I made about 6 different kinds of baby food for my little man.
I have a book that my sister had gotten while I was still pregnant with him. It's all kinds of information on making baby food organically of course.
So we're about to hit the 8 month stage, so I moved up to the next level of foods in the book. Lumpier foods. If I do say so myself he is doing rather well with my foods, and so far my new dishes have been a success except for one. He just doesn't care for peas puree, but Chicken and rice went over very well. This morning he had a rice pudding mixture and he downed it like it was going to expire in the next 30 seconds.

But either way, I feel like I can cook. Yesterday my husband said I spent more time and got more into cooking the baby food than I do our dinners. Yeah well my little man appreciates it more. The older two either don't eat the food I put on the table, or they start playing with it, and it ends up on the floor. Ok well sometimes.

But how can you mess up baby food? I'm sure eventually I'll find a way.

If you want to learn how to make baby food for your own little one, check out Wholesomebabyfoods.com they are a great source of information for making and storing your own baby food.

The book my sister purchased for me is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment